League of Legends is the king of esports. This competitive title emerged in late 2009 as one of many iterations of the popular multiplayer battle arena (MOBA) genre. Now, almost a decade later, it towers above other games as the esport to follow.
The core concept of two teams fighting each other with the goal of destroying the main enemy structure sounds simple on paper. Yet, when you add in a multitude of playable characters, in-game purchases, and secondary objectives, there’s a staggering amount of depth to it. Combine that with the teamwork, mechanical skill, and split-second decision-making required to play LoL at the highest level, and it’s not exactly surprising that this game is taking over the world. The gambling world is no exception.
With thousands and thousands of passionate fans following competitions like the LCS, LEC, LCK, and LPL, the demand for LoL betting sites is at an all-time high, and it’s nigh impossible to find an operator that doesn’t offer LoL markets. But quantity doesn’t always equal quality. Sure, it’s easy to start betting on League of Legends matches, but doing the same on a legit platform? Well, that’s a whole different story.
This is where we come in. Our team of Bonus.net experts worked diligently to bring you a list of 4 League of Legends betting sites with the most compelling offers and generous welcome bonuses. We’ve also made sure to highlight the most notable events and betting markets to make the task of navigating the LoL esports scene as seamless as possible. Without further ado, let’s get to it!
Upcoming LoL betting tips & predictions
Navigating the stormy waters of esports betting can be really tricky if you are new to the game, especially if you haven’t played League of Legends before. Picking winners is particularly challenging when you bet on special markets, such as completing various in-game objectives. LoL betting tips have a two-pronged effect, as they can help you increase your winning rate, while making you familiar with the special betting options. This is where the house edge is the lowest, as even bookmakers have a difficult time finding the perfect price on events such as first blood, first tower, Dragon, Baron or inhibitor.
Many of the top websites dedicated to League of Legends have a selection of LoL betting tips. As always, research goes a long way and random advice from the Internet is no substitute to analyzing the matches and betting markets yourself. When possible, it is recommended to also look at the reasoning behind that tips instead of simply following their advice. This will help you learn more about why some teams are more likely to score the first blood, while others have a higher first tower percentage or Dragon take.
Get a Competitive Edge before Worlds
It comes as no surprise that the most numerous LoL betting tips are available ahead of the major tournaments, such as the MSI or the Worlds. This is when the biggest names come into the spotlight, so esports betting websites, as well as punters are beaming with enthusiasm. The appeal of the competitions is undeniable, but so are the unique challenges that punters need to overcome when betting on these matches. The difficulty consists in the fact that teams from different regions, with unique strategies and play styles go against each other in games that are hard to predict.
Once again, LoL betting tips can greatly simplify your mission, by bridging the gap between teams from different regions. The South Korean LCK is more inward, with players and teams focusing more on their regional rivals, while paying less attention to international opponents. The Chinese LPL is a melting pot of ideas and this is the championship from where some of the most innovative ideas come up. Meanwhile, the European LEC is the fastest to adjust to change and refine basic strategies into gems.
Read also our LoL Worlds 2020 Predictions.
Top 4 League of Legends Betting Sites
The idea of a single ultimate League of Legends betting site is a bit of a paradox. Most operators try to reach very different audiences, so they usually end up with distinct strengths and weaknesses. That’s not a bad thing, though, as it makes it much easier to split them into different categories and find the exact betting offer you’re looking for! The good news is that you can use the same LoL betting tips we provide to bet at any of these operators, so you cash in on the best odds available.
Best for Beginners: Rivalry
Few LoL betting sites engage beginner bettors as well as Rivalry. For starters, every new customer receives a risk-free bet up to $25, which a great welcome bonus for anyone that wants to jump straight into the action without being afraid of losing their hard-earned money. There’s also a $350 VIP rewards program that spices up the betting process with creative quests and enticing missions. Last but not least, Rivalry has an excellent academy section that will help you learn the ropes of betting on League of Legends matches.
Best Welcome Bonus: ArcaneBet
Free bets are great for minimizing risks, but nothing can match a deposit bonus in terms of raw value. ArcaneBet seems well-aware of this. Creating an account here will grant you a 100% welcome bonus up to a whopping $100! The 20x rollover requirements are, admittedly, stiff, but ArcaneBet makes up for it by giving you 180 days to meet them. Throw in wide LoL coverage and extensive betting markets, and ArcaneBet is the perfect League of Legends betting site for starting your gambling career on a strong note. With their solid offer and our LoL betting tips, you will make the most of each bet place on the popular MOBA.
Best League of Legends Match Odds: Pinnacle
What does it take to deliver good odds to your customers? For Pinnacle, the answer seems to be ‘everything’. This platform cuts a lot of features like promotions, market variety, in-play betting, and even live chat support. However, it does make up for these losses with the best League of Legends match odds possible. With Pinnacle, you can be sure you’re always getting the most value out of your LoL esports wagers—and that’s a very difficult offer to pass up.
Best for Live Betting: Unikrn
Unikrn receives a lot of praise for its crypto tokens, but don’t let that distract you from its fantastic live betting section! This site does a great of highlighting live matches at the top of its homepage. Clicking on them will bring you to a separate page with a handy embedded stream that follows you around even when you scroll by. The in-play markets are vast, making it easy to spot good value betting opportunities, and the stats and tournaments descriptions will definitely come in handy if you want to bet on an event you don’t know much about. The good news is that with the right LoL betting tips you can be successful even when you are placing your first bets.
Top League of Legends Tournaments
The abovementioned LoL betting sites are great tools to have in your arsenal, but as is the case with most tools, it’s all about how (and where) you use them. With that, you need to know your way around top League of Legends tournaments. The entire LoL esports scene is controlled by the game’s publisher, Riot Games, so there’s a constant stream of high-profile events and competitions. Here are the most notable ones:
- LCS. The League of Legends Championship Series (or the LCS) is a major franchised league in North America. With legendary organizations like TSM, Cloud9, and Team Liquid amongst its participant, the LCS is home to engaging storylines and larger-than-life personalities. It’s also very willing to draw talent from other regions, making the LCS a melting pot of top-tier players from all the world. Competition is intense in this region, but nothing you can’t overcome with the right LoL betting tips.
- LEC. The League of Legends European Championship (or the LEC) is a major franchised league in Europe. Unlike its North America cousin, the LEC puts a strong emphasis on creativity and mechanical prowess, making it the perfect competition to follow if you want to see off-meta strategies or clutch individual outplays. Moreover, European teams have a great track record internationally, and you can count on them to do their region proud at major tournaments.
- LCK. The League of Legends Champions Korea (or the LCK) is a major league in South Korea. With a massive pool of world-class players and high-profile coaches, the LCK is the pinnacle of LoL esports. South Korean teams are renowned for staying on top of their teamwork, strategy, and mechanical talent, making the LCK one of the most exciting—and cutthroat—competitions for betting on League of Legends.
- MSI and Worlds. The LoL esports scene doesn’t revolve region-locked leagues, and international tournaments like the Mid-Season Invitational and League of Legends World Championship are a huge part of it. These events happen once a year, and every professional team dreams of winning them. Just as the name implies, Worlds is the more prestigious one, but even claiming the MSI trophy will give you a huge chunk of the multi-million prize pool and the bragging right for being one of the best teams in League of Legends history.
Top League of Legends Betting Markets
Alright, so you’ve signed up for one of our recommended League of Legends betting sites and picked a tournament to bet on. The only thing left is choosing the right markets! Gambling operators have a ton of offers for LoL esports competitions, and while this variety is great for finding more value betting opportunities, it can get overwhelming. With that in mind, here are a couple of good markets to focus on:
- Match winner and map winner. These are by far the most common betting markets. They’re also the simplest ones, as the only thing you need to do is guess which of the two teams is going to win. Granted, that’s something easier said than done, and you have to do a lot of research to predict match winners and map winners on a consistent basis, but it’s still a great starting point for anyone that’s just getting involved with betting on League of Legends. These mainstream markets are the easiest to beat because they are covered by most LoL betting tips.
- Handicap and correct score. These are the more complicated versions of the previous markets. Handicap wagers act as the way of leveling out the field when there’s a perceived strength discrepancy between two teams by adding a virtual amount of wins (or losses) to one of the competitors. Meanwhile, correct score bets require you to predict the exact outcome of a particular League of Legends matchup. It’s worth noting that handicap markets are usually used to minimize the risks, while correct score bets are the definition of all-or-nothing scenarios.
- Objective-focused markets. Alright, this is a pretty broad category. Most LoL betting sites offer objective-focused markets ranging from something as simple as first team to score a kill to something as complex as first team to slay Baron Nashor. The best way of tackling these markets is by using your game knowledge. For example, a lineup with a proactive jungler and aggressive laners will have a higher chance of scoring the first kill than a lineup that plays around scaling and teamfighting. In a similar fashion, a team with a strong bot lane will have a higher chance of winning 2v2 trades and converting this lead into the first dragon. There’s a lot of variance involved here, but you can definitely increase the likelihood of winning if you play your cards right.
Final Word on LoL Esports, LoL betting tips and League of Legends Betting Sites
Choosing a betting site is only the first step on your gambling journey. Yet, it’s also the most important one. In the end, it’s impossible to get results when you don’t have a solid foundation to work with—and that’s exactly what the best League of Legends betting sites can grant you. Combine that with a good understanding of the most popular tournaments and betting markets, plus the best LoL betting tips and you’ll be sure to set yourself up for success.